The summer is rolling ever closer the clocks are springing forward, the weather is warming, the ground hardening and that can only mean one thing…… the CRICKET season is nearly upon us…….
So what does this mean for us this season?
ALL STARS & GRADUATES are back!!!
(and by popular demand, maintaining the FRIDAY evenings!)
We have a special season ahead and various bits have been happening in the close season….
- The Cricket World Cup is being held in England & Wales this summer and in association with the ECB and Devon Cricket we will be hosting a WORLD CUP PARTY!
- In association with the ECB we have been fortunate enough to receive a grant in the sum of £1,000!(this will go towards catering based facilities, to help host the CWC party and other events in the future, any help gratefully received…)
- Nets & astro turf wicket, we are in the final throws of securing funding for new practice nets and astro turf wicket (more info to follow)
- We have been fortunate enough to be accredited as a 5 STAR CENTRE!
Well done to everyone who took last season and indeed those who have taken part over the last few seasons, you’ve all helped to grow our cricket family… thanks to the whole team on and off the field and to parents/families of our All Stars your feedback has helped us achieve this fantastic accolade (we were 1 of 9 in Devon awarded this status out of 55 in the county)….. big shoes to fill this year, if we have half the fun we did last year let alone more fun then who knows…… so bring on the sun and bring on the fun! (the only bit we can’t guarantee is the weather…)
Down to the programme end of proceedings:-
|Programme Dates||All Stars||Graduates|
|(5-8yr olds)||(9-11yr olds)|
|WK 1||Friday 24th May||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 2||Friday 31st May||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 3||Friday 7th June||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 4||Friday 14th June||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 5||Friday 21st June||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 6||Friday 28th June||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 7||Friday 5th July||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45|
|WK 8||Friday 12th July||17.30 – 18.30||18.45 – 19.45||CWC Party….|
Registration is simple….
Login to the All Stars website and register your relevant details – https://www.ecb.co.uk/play/all-stars/centres
All information regarding returning All Stars and new can be found here, any issue please don’t hesitate to ask….
We have over 10 registered already and I know packs are being sent out quicker and arriving already…..
Registration will be DIRECT with us as the club, please register interest back to me, via email or Facebook we’ll make a note in readiness for week 1.
In addition we will send out registration forms for completion, no panic copies will be available at the club….
Kit – Wearing last year’s kit is absolutely fine, we will eventually work towards shorts and club logo white shirts and other club merchandise are readily available at https://www.devoncountysports.com/.
Any cricketers 11+ (1st year seniors, old money), don’t panic you’ll still be a Graduate this season, next year as we move towards a Juniors section we will add sessions to include for this…. So for this season keep on coming there will be plenty on….
- Equipment – please ensure names are on all items of kit, water bottles and clothing
- Clothing – ensure appropriate clothing is worn for the relevant conditions
- Sun cream – is applied prior to participation and hats worn
- Fluids – hydration station will be up and running please bring a bottle for the water breaks
We may well be popping up in schools at the beginning of next term to some local schools, we will be looking for some enthusiastic volunteers from the All Stars & Graduates crews!
Going forward we will split communications to each of the relevant groups to avoid any confusion.
Any problems please feel free to get in contact:-
- Mob : 07769687498
- Email : email@example.com
- Facebook : Dartington & Totnes CC (Jnrs)
- Website: dartington&totnescc.com
See you soon!
PS Feel free for any of the All Stars & Graduate guys and gals to bring friends along…….